Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why is my stomach sticking out? (Took a laxative)?

I haven't been going regularly to the bathroom for the past 2 months so I took a laxative early sunday morning at 12.00am. Soon after it started to kick in... I went many trips to the bathroom, but not much came out. I felt bloated and my stomach was even sticking out more than usual. Keep in mind that I was on the same diet. It is now Tuesday and when I look at my stomach I notice that it is still sticking out.... Why is this? Could I have some kind of blockage? I'm still not going much.

Answer on Why is my stomach sticking out? (Took a laxative)?

Perhaps your colon is packed with rock hard waste that won't budge.

Perhaps you might need to resort to an enema as a last resort if nothing else works.

Castor oil is a very powerful laxative and is only suitable for a one-off occasion and should never be used on a regular basis.

A blockage in the system is certainly a possibility.