Saturday, January 21, 2012

My fiance wants pre-marital counseling?

So let me give you a little background info. My boyfriend got me pregnant, and now we are planning on getting married. We both love each other and it just seemed like the best thing to do. So now, his parents suggested to us that we get pre marital counseling. Which i suppose I'm ok with, but now he's saying he wants us to go to christian counseling and i definitely do not want to do that. I don't have a problem with christians, but i feel like they will be judgmental and biased. What do i do about telling my fiance how i feel?

Answer on My fiance wants pre-marital counseling?

hmm... i think its all about compromise. if your husband finds it key to do counseling and you dont really feel its necessary then find that balance. you agree to go to counseling but NOT christian counseling and he should be happy with that. plus, to be honest where im from, christian counseling is no different really than pre marital counseling, it still prepares you for the married life either way.. they wont try to conform you or judge you about havin a kid, or atleast they SHOULDNT~
its all about asking the right questions for married and seeing if your ready :)

good luck girl! i think its a great idea and will only help you guys in the future.