Thursday, January 13, 2011

How easy/capable is it to get an overseas assignment in the Air Force?

Im going to Air Force Basic training in September and then tech school of course for my AFSC.

Im 19 and want to explore the world (Im single, no bills, etc). I want to get stationed in Either Spain, UK, Italy or Germany (preferably Germany/Ramstein AFB).

I know we get a wish list and what not, but those are the bases/countries I want to get stationed in, I don't mind if I get deployed to the middle east/combat zone as long as I can touch Europe first.

I only want to get stationed in europe for overseas assignment, if they gave me Japan or South Korea(Asia) I would rather get stuck in continental USA.


So my question is, how easy/capable is it to get an overseas assignment right out of tech school for the USAF?

Answer on How easy/capable is it to get an overseas assignment in the Air Force?

Mannheim, Ramstein and Spangdahlem all have positions for a 3E032. Your chances of getting an assignment to any of the three are the same as everyone else in your Tech School class.