Friday, April 2, 2010

Do you think a strong blender can handle crushing raw chicken backs without meat? (RAW Diet)?

I am switching my dogs to raw and just need a little bit of help. I will be giving recreational bones whole, but for the meals, I will be grinding the bones, as instructed by a Vet for my dogs.
So I'm wondering if you think a blender, a strong one, almost 1 horsepower will be able to crush chicken backs. I found a place I can buy them cheap with the bone removed.

I have a whole recipe to add meat,organs, and other stuff like fish oil, and kelp to it but just wondered if chicken backs without meat are weak and easy to crush.

Thanks for your help :)

Answer on Do you think a strong blender can handle crushing raw chicken backs without meat? (RAW Diet)?

Most good blenders will handle back bones, but need a liquid to get it to the blades. If you add a cup of broth, it should chop the bones, but it will be slushy..However, dogs would love the slush.

If your blender is recommended for ice, it will handle soft bone.