I need a little help with these Social Studies questions. . .
1.) What enabled people of northern Italy to sponsor learning?
a) Martin Luther's ideas
b) a mild climate
c) wealth from trade
d) help from the Germany government
2.) What did German leaders want during the Reformation?
a) to increase the pope's power
b) to collect their own taxes
c) to enforce the laws of the Roman Catholic Church
d) to collect taxes for the pope
3.) What advancement helped the spread of Luther's ideas?
b) the movable type printing press
d) the decision to stop paying indulgences
4.) What was a main goal of European exploration?
a) to find a trade route to Asia
b) to destroy sea monsters
c) to protect the world from invasion
d) to create jobs for sailors
5. Which country explored Africa while developing a route to Asia?
d) the Philippines
6. The crew of which explorer was the first to circumnavigate the world?
a) Prince Henry the Navigator
b) Ferdinand Magellan
c) Christopher Columbus
d) Vasco da Gama
7. Who is known for strengthening the power of French kings?
a) Peter the Great
b) Cardinal Mazarin
c) King Ferdinand
d) Cardinal Richelieu
8. For which of the following is Queen Elizabeth I remembered?
a) marrying six times
b) strengthening England
c) executing Charles I
d) leading the Glorious Revolution
9. All of the following were factors in the conquest of the Incas EXCEPT
a) an extremely large Spanish army.
b) European diseases.
c) the kidnapping of the empire's ruler.
d) a civil war within the empire.
10. What was one effect of the slave trade on Africa?
a) Most Africans grew rich.
b) African societies suffered.
c) Africa gained capable workers.
d) The region grew stronger.
Thanks so much everybody! ! ! !
Answer on Social Studies homework?
10 b and 9a