Monday, November 26, 2007

6 month prep for police academy?

I will be going to the police academy later this year; either the September or December class. I need to get myself to the fitness standards that will be expected in the academy and would like some recommendations on training leading up to the academy.

As of now I'm 21 yrs old, 6'2" 230lbs and need to (by my own standard for myself) get down to at least 195 preferably 185 (I don't think 185 is unreasonable for 6 months; that's around 2lbs a week).

The most important thing for me is that the diet aspect isn't a "pre-competition" style diet, it needs to be something that I can sustain, as I am prepared to sustain it for the long term.

Not looking for extremely specific plans as my complete body type is unknown to you all, but resources would be amazing. Also, personal experience with pre-academy preparation would be most beneficial.

Thanks in advance,
-- Daniel

p.s.

I will add more details as requested

Answer on 6 month prep for police academy?

I myself am not a cop but I'm hoping to go into the academy in about a year or so.I know that Your going to need to drop down to around 180-190 lbs and have a decent amount of upper body strength as this will be crucial for becoming a cop.You will also need to build up some good stamina as in the academy lots of running is one thing they do non stop.