Friday, October 26, 2007

Is running good for me to lose weight?

okay, over the summer i want to lose weight and get faster on my running, because i want to run 1 mile in 6 minutes.......
I am 15 years old(almost 16) 5'8 and 183lbs....

i started running 3 days ago and i've been running 2 miles for 3 days straight and im gonna keep on doing that till saturday. and then rest on sundays i guess.... i've been running 2 miles so my legs can start to break down and get use to running, because next week i wanna start running 3 miles... i also do ten minutes of push ups, sit ups, & crunches after i run..... Thats what i plan on doing this whole summer... just run and do some excercise as well...

My diet is decent, i guess... i wake up around 11 and eat a normal breakfast...
i eat a big lunch around 5pm and thats the last thing i eat of the day....
i dont eat chocolate, candies, or any trash food.
i also dont drink soda, only water and ice tea.. milk too of course...

But i was wondering, is running really gonna work on my weight loss plan?
advices please!

P.S. i wanna get rid of that fat that is bothering me, i am not that obese looking kid. im just chubby. but i want to get rid of it.

Answer on Is running good for me to lose weight?

running is a good way to burn off fat but i found for losing weight that i lose more weight walking instead running. i would try walking 5 miles instead of running 2miles
Usually going slower for longer periods burns more fat try it out for a week if it is not working then go back to your routine