I was diagnosed with moderate anemia, and want to put more spinach and pork, etc. in my diet. I reallllllly dislike spinach though and am going to have to force myself to eat it. Does anyone have any good (& healthy) spinach recipes that has quite a bit of spinach in it (one of the main ingredients)?
Answer on Good Spinach Recipes?
My family loves spinach, I have five recipes that we use continuasly I won't list them all here but if you want contact me
1)Chicken Breast wellington (serves 6)
2 tbls butter
3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
1 pkg (10 ozs) fresh spinach, rinsed
1/2 tsp. salt
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halve
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
4 tsp. dried basil
1&1/2 pkg (17.3 onces each) frozen puff pastry sheets (3 sheets) thawed
*I have found that if you put the puff pastry in the fridge to thaw several hours before you need it, it will thaw evenly without becoming too warm.
1 egg white, beaten
3 tbls sesame seeds
1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained
1/4 c olive oil
1 tbls white balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in large skillet; add 2 cloves garlic and cook 30 seconds, add spinach and salt; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes, drain well
2) Place chicken breasts between sheet of plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet to about 8 in. diameter. Combine Parmesan and basil; sprinke 1 tbls. of mix over chicken breasts. Divide spinach among breasts. Fold 2 sides of each breast over filling and roll up tightly. Coat rolls with remaining Parmesan mix.
3) Spread pastry sheets on lightly floured board. Cut each sheet in half, to create six 10x5 in. sheets. Place 1 chicken roll near end of each sheet; fold pastry over ends and roll to enclose. Trim off any excess pastry; press edges to seal. Place seam sides down on ungreased jelly-roll pan.
4) Brush rolls with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Make cuts on top of each roll to vent. Bake until golden brown, about 35 min.
5) While baking, puree peppers, oil, vinegar and remaing clove garlic in blender; serve as sauce with chicken.
I also have recipies for Lasagna Florentine, Spinach and Cheese Quiche, Creamy Spinach Casserole and Spring Vegetable Pie (which is very easy and tasty) contact me if you want these recipies as well.